SPAN, the Student Project for Amity among Nations, strives to be as affordable as possible and open to all students.
Budget planning for summer 2022 travel to London
Estimated program costs: TBD
The program expense includes:
- Tuition for six credits
- Housing at the University of Roehampton, in London
- Daily breakfast and two group meals
- Group excursions
- Hamline’s International Emergency Insurance
- Two weeks unlimited London metro card for local transportation (more can be added as needed)
Expenses NOT included (varies depending on student needs and desires):
- Additional meals
- Passport/Visa costs
- Books and research materials
- Additional in-country transportation/housing costs
- Personal shopping/excursion/entertainment costs
- Contingency costs
All students enrolled in the SPAN program are eligible to receive SPAN-funded scholarships. Scholarships can be awarded only because of the generosity of SPAN alumni. In order to be considered for scholarships, a student must complete the application.
Scholarships are intended to reduce the financial burden on a student and help close the gap between the program costs and the means an individual student may have to fund the trip.
Outside scholarships and financial aid
Financial aid may be available to Hamline students because the course includes six credits – the minimum amount required to use aid in summer. Students from other schools should talk to their financial aid office at their university or college to learn if and how they can apply financial aid to the SPAN program.
Students are also encouraged to seek out additional scholarships to help fund their trip. To learn more about funding a study abroad trip:
For Hamline students: Funding Study Away
For UMN students: UMNTC Learning Abroad Center Finances